So out of blinking nowhere, Nickolaus Pacione pops up (a bit like a psychotic whack-a-mole, I guess) proclaiming another magnus opus of literary genius (i.e., another whine-fest on par with An Eye in Shadows) about what all the evil world and its evil minions are doing to him. As we saw in our last episode, Nicky was full of racist, misogynistic, homophobic vitriol, and little has changed.
Well, one thing has changed. He’s included all kinds of libelous content about yours truly in this new book of his. I know this because a long network of concerned friends has bequeathed me the unpublished book. Please note: Nicky has been wildly shoveling out electronic copies to anyone who asks for one, so the fact that a copy has fallen into the hands of his perceived enemies should come as no surprise to anyone.
Yesterday, I asked Nicky to remove the libel concerning me, and his response was typical Nickyese, the language spoken on his home planet of Ass-hat-ari. You can read the full exchange here, as ugly as it is. But since Nicky has taken to removing content he deems unacceptable from his blog, I’m going to re-post what I said yesterday here, to my blog. Please note, I had also informed him that I would be alerting his family to his antics, but that post was removed posthaste.
It’s come to my attention that I’m in your book and you’re obsessing over me again. Pull all mention of me from your libelous piece of shit book or I will post all the passages that contain your “complaints” about me on my blog and I’ll let my fans “entertain” you. Then I’ll have your book pulled from wherever you’re publishing it. And it will come down. This isn’t a threat; it’s a fact. You have been warned.
Fuck you! I told the truth and it remains. You support copyright infringement and e-piracy, and that is going to be in the open. Skullvines Press is finished. I am just using your own words against you. It is far from libel. I have a disclaimer in front of the book about how the guilty shall be called out and exposed. You should have never got a pirated copy of An Eye In Shadows those years ago — and you got a pirated copy of Confessional. You support piracy? yes or no? You are just pissed that I referred to you facing the white throne of judgment. I will send a copy to the staff of Lulu.com first before I upload everything to the site, you gained an ill-gotten copy and you are on a crusade that the book remains unpublished. Well when it gets published I am sending it to all your publishers, you are going down for your snake oil salesman comment and for the comment how I am a loser.
Just to clarify some of the above:
1. I do not support copyright infringement or e-piracy. However, when someone is about to publish libel about me and my friends, that dissolves any rights the writer might have to not have properly attributed quotes from the book made public. Sorry, Nicky, but it’s true. Ask any lawyer. In fact, you can post short quotes from any published book so long as you attribute them. This is not Copyright infringement. This is the way things are done.
2. I left the employment of KHP Publishers this summer. Thus, Skullvines Press, an imprint of KHP Inc., has no bearing on or connection to me at this point. They don’t represent me, and I don’t represent them.
3. I have no idea what “words” he plans to use against me. And yes, what he’s about to publish about me, Mary Sangiovanni, Brian Keene, Ramsey Campbell and countless other well-known and well-respected authors is libel. It’s either all made up from whole cloth due to his damaged brain, or it’s reinvented facts to fit his paranoid, martyrdom mentality.
4. He’s apparently convinced I’m going to hell and/or I’m the devil’s concubine. Okay, whatever. I did write about the devil recently, for those who are interested, but he’s the hero, so maybe Nicky has a point. Dunno. You decide.
5. I’m not sure what sending a copy to Lulu will do, exactly. I do plan on exposing the book as libel, and they will prompty remove it shortly after it goes up. I don’t think they’ll give a rat’s ass if they have a copy or not since they’re merely a printer–they expect you the author/publisher to have a copy of your own work.
6. Apparently, he’s going to contact all one of my present publishers. I’m intrigued!
So I told him what’s going down and apparently he’s going forward with the libel. So watch this space, folks. It’s bound to be interesting!